Tuesday, December 27, 2011

BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - ROYAL PAVILION - BRIGHTON PIER - 27/12/11

The outside of the Royal Pavilion - it's so big that you can't get the whole building in in one shot. This started as a (large) farmhouse. George IV came when he was Prince Regent (his dad was still living, but was crazy and ill, so George IV was kind of king - at least in waiting) He loved it so much that he made it a pleasure palace for himself. The outside is something like the Taj Mahal - the inside is mostly Chinese. I think it is very tacky and not very royal. But everyone else loved it - so maybe it's just me.Brighton Pier
Royal Pavilion, Brighton, England. December 27, 2011. Notice Dad's new hat - it's called a flat cap. I love it and I think he looks great in it. Everyone wears them here. He got it for Christmas.




St. Peter's Church in Brighton


Huge hotel - right by the waterfront. See the English Chanel in the background. The only reason that I put this picture on is for the next picture.



Just a fun little thing. William was the brother of George IV who built the Royal Pavilion.



This is part of the Royal Pavilion. Of course, we couldn't take pictures inside as usual. But, I got the book. The insides were ugly (sorry - I was totally not impressed - but everyone else was, so I stand alone). It's all done in Chinese - reds and yellows with snakes and dragons crawling all over everything.
















1 comment: